7/30/11

A Clean Oven Chemical Free!

I think I'm going to blame this on the nesting instinct, but I keep getting these strange cleaning urges. The other day I felt compelled to clean my oven. I have never cleaned out an oven in my life. Mine wasn't super nasty, it just needed a little cleaning.

I didn't want to go out to the store and buy an oven cleaner because I'm cheap and I know there are a lot of scary chemicals in that stuff. After a little research (I love the internet) I found a super easy solution.

Sprinkle baking soda on the surface:

Spray with until damp and let sit. I waited for about an hour while I cleaned something else.

Spray with vinegar:

And wipe it up! Yes, wipe, not scrub! I was a skeptical, but it really worked. Now I have a nice, sparkly clean oven and can move on to other cleaning projects.

For other natural cleaning recipes you can visit:



No comments:

Post a Comment