With Squirm the Second arriving in November I have had a renewed desire to get the boy's room looking more like a kid's room and less like a random place to store junk. In our tiny two bedroom space is at a premium, but I think I can clear most of the things out and make this room look inviting and interesting.
After considering lots of cute options for a theme, I think we are going to do woodland animals.
Some of the projects I will be working on:
- Clear enough space for a recliner or armchair for nursing Squirm the Second
- Put up thermal blackout curtains in a chocolate color
- Make a Montessori-style floor bed frame for Little E:
- Refinish the crib with a dark stain
- Number branch like this one, but in the shape of leaves:
- Owl mobile for Squirm the Second's crib:
- Make some cute bedding for the boys
It's a lot to do, but I'm excited to get started!