8/1/11

Oh, What Do You Do In the Summertime?

My aunt used to have a room in her house she called the "gangrene" room, a place where stuff accumulated and that had no dedicated purpose. Little E's room has become like that:



With Squirm the Second arriving in November I have had a renewed desire to get the boy's room looking more like a kid's room and less like a random place to store junk. In our tiny two bedroom space is at a premium, but I think I can clear most of the things out and make this room look inviting and interesting.

After considering lots of cute options for a theme, I think we are going to do woodland animals.

Some of the projects I will be working on:
  1. Clear enough space for a recliner or armchair for nursing Squirm the Second
  2. Put up thermal blackout curtains in a chocolate color
  3. Make a Montessori-style floor bed frame for Little E:
  4. Refinish the crib with a dark stain
  5. Number branch like this one, but in the shape of leaves:
  6. Owl mobile for Squirm the Second's crib:
  7. Make some cute bedding for the boys
It's a lot to do, but I'm excited to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment