BROWNIE BITS CHEESECAKE
From Wilton Brownie Fun
2 packages 8x8 size brownie mix
Eggs, water and oil to prepare mixes
3 packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9 inch springform pan and 8 inch square pan with vegetable spray.
- In a large bowl, prepare one brownie mix following package instructions. Spread into bottom of prepared square pan. Prepare remaining brownie mix following package instructions. Spread into prepared springform pan.
- Bake both pans together for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Turn oven down to 325.
- Cut approximately half of the brownies from the square pan into 3/4 inch pieces; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes. Beat in sour cream and eggs. Add vanilla and almond extracts. Gently stir in 1/2 cup of the cut brownies. Pour over cooled crust.
- Sprinkle remaining cut brownies over cheesecake batter; lightly press into batter.
- Place cheesecake in middle of oven. Fill a large pan with hot water and place on rack underneath cheesecake.
- Bake 1 hour 25 minutes or until cheesecake is firm on top but filling is still jiggly when gently shaken.
- Turn of oven; leave cheesecake in closed oven 30 minutes to cool slowly. Remove cheesecake from oven and cool 1 hour. Refrigerate covered at least 4 hours or overnight.