I am so pleased with this recipe!
One of my goals this year is to eat a wider variety of grains. I'm also trying to learn to cook with what I have on hand. This recipe fulfilled both those requirements.
The really good news, though was that my husband approved and even had seconds!
(I loved it too)
Adapted from The Arugula Files
1 cup quinoa
handful raisins or dried cranberries
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
1 handful cilantro, chopped
1 cup pineapple tidbits
Salt to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- When it is almost done, add raisins.
- Saute vegetables and chicken in coconut oil until slightly soft.
- Add quinoa and pineapple to vegetables.
- Heat through. Garnish with cilantro, add seasonings, and serve.