1/8/10

Cute Little Yoga Instructor


Tuesday and Thursday nights are Yoga Class at the PFC on post. The class is free to military and dependents, so I don't have to cut this treat out of my budget! I love yoga. I really believe that it can have great fitness, health, and mental benefits. I relish the opportunity to breath and focus on the moment, letting go of all my cares and worries. Thankfully, I have wonderful husband who volunteers to watch my sweet baby while I have some much needed Michelle Time. This yoga class is at the perfect level for me too: it's more challenging than just stretching, but I can still do most of the poses.

So, who's the cute little yoga instructor I mentioned in the title? Me. In my imagination. One of my life goals is to become a yoga instructor. Can't you just see me in my cute little yoga clothes, leading a class? My absolute dream job would be to teach prenatal yoga and childbirth preparation. So, yesterday I got on online and planned out a course of study to get my associates degree and yoga teaching certification from Salt Lake Community College. Just looking at the spreadsheet I created makes me so happy. I'm going to be back in Utah in April and I would want to start classes right away.



Now I just have to figure out how I can go to school. Right now I can't see how it would work. Dan's going to be taking 15 credits a semester to finish his bachelor's degree in two years. Plus, he's thinking about working part time for the Utah National Guard. Then there is sweet baby Ethan. Right now I can't think of a way to watch a baby, work full time to pay our bills AND go to school. There has to be a way ...

2 comments:

  1. You should work to get your yoga certification first (I don't think you have to do a whole lot - my old seminary teacher got her yoga certification ... and she was an old lady). If you do start teaching yoga, I'm going to be your first student :D I love yoga, too!! I miss it a lot. I used to do yoga every day before Vincente... you should do mom/baby yoga, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea ... you're right, just the yoga certification isn't too intensive. Mommy and me yoga would be so fun too. Ethan is a natural little yogi, and I bet most kids are. ;)

    ReplyDelete