1/8/10

Three Cups of Tea



Yes, I know this book came out a while ago, and yes I know that the sequel is already in bookstores, but it's ok. I have never been one to follow the very latest trends. You're talking to a girl who JUST discovered Weezer.

Anyway, This book is absolutely wonderful. (Until you get to the last few chapters) The story follows Greg from his failed attempt to climb K2 (One of the tallest and most dangerous Himalayan Mountains) to his journey to build schools in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Besides the fact that I would be doing something like this if I had never married, the book is well written and easy to follow. The author gives plenty of background and doesn't elevate Greg to sainthood, but shows his weaknesses as well. Plus, Greg was in Pakistan when the Taliban took control of Afghanistan and during 9/11.

I would recommend this book to just about anyone who is interested in how one person's influence can truly make a difference in the world.

1 comment:

  1. A good movie about one person's influence is The Power of One. This book sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete