Now, I do not claim to be a fashion diva, by any stretch of the imagination. But, I do love to shop and I do love clothes. I like to look cute, but I don't usually follow every whim of the fashion industry. And I love bargains. I am not afraid to shop second hand (more like I buy almost everything "gently used").
In honor of my new-found personal fashion sense, I bring you my picks for this season's YES or NO trends:
- Indigo - Read: "denim." Maybe this will be my excuse to get that cute denim jacket I've always wanted.
- Sophisticated Tie-Dye - This one definitely takes me out of my comfort zone, but I'm excited to try it.
- Safari Inspired
- Military Coat
- Polka Dot - I'm thinking of something simple and classy, like this dress from Ralph Lauren.
- Yellow - I must have subconsciously picked up this trend, because my recent Plato's Closet haul includes two really cute yellow pieces. A major development, because I have yet to wear this color successfully!
- Hot Pants - Um, do I have to explain?
- Feather Skirts - "Hello gorgeous! Ten bucks says you'll hear that greeting every time you walk into a room with a kicky little number like this on." - Stylelist.com. Really? On what planet?
- Silver and Gold - I just can't do these in fabric.
- Sequined Tops - If you want to look like you're clubbing, that's fine. My inner librarian rebels!
- Nude - No, this trend doesn't involve walking around naked. Beige, light pink, and caramel are the 'colors' of the season. Let's also include other "neutral" trend colors: grey and khaki. Now, I can't pull off this color, but some can.
- Fold over Neckline - Cute, but I don't think I'll dare
- Monotone Look - Ditto
- Boyfriend Blazer - I try to stay away from anything that looks like my mom wore it in the 90s. Kim wears it well in the pic below, though.
- Novelty Prints - If you were born within a decade of me, think of something you wore in grade school with a shooting star motif