3/17/10

Give A Hoot

Recently, at the library I stumbled across an adorable board book about some baby owls. Later I went to the fabric store and saw the cutest owl fabric I want to buy to make some bibs. Then I came home and listened to some Owl City. In honor of my accidental theme, here are some favorite owl things I've found. Enjoy!

SOCK OWL
Free Tutorial @ Whimsy Loft
As you probably know from previous posts, I'm in love with sock animals.

OWLIVIA - Stuffed Owl
Free Tutorial at Moda Bake Shop
You can make this adorable little stuffed friend! I love free tutorials!


OWL CITY
Ocean Eyes Album MP3 $7 @ Amazon.com
When I told my younger sister that I liked Owl City, she said, "I don't like them because they're popular." I didn't know this was a popular band. Oh well. Wikipedia describes Adam Young's creation as "American Synthpop." My favorite song is "Sunburn," but I also really like the hit single "Fireflies." Why do I always find bands AFTER it's cool to like them?


OWL BABIES by Martin Waddell
$16 hardcover $7 paperback @ Borders.com
The most adorable children's picture book. I am absolutely in love. Three little owl babies wait for their mommy to come home from hunting. Great lesson: Mommy will always come back.

ENCHANTED FOREST PLUSH OWL
$15 @ Amazon.com
According to the reviews on Amazon.com, this adorable little owl is not so little, but about as big as a newborn baby. What a cute addition to a nursery!

OWL ORNAMENTS
Free tutorial @ Juicy Bits
I am thinking of making these without the ornament strings as part of another project for Ethan. Either way, these are super cute.

APPLIQUED OWL ONESIE
$18 @ Mini Me Baby Gear
I've been seeing a lot of these appliqued onesies lately and can't wait to get my hands on some for Ethan before he's too big.

LITTLE HOOT by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
$10.19 @ Amazon.com
This adorable little book is about an owl who wants to go to bed, but his parents make him stay up late like a good little owl. Cute twist on the regular goodnight book.


BLABLA OWL BACKPACK
I just think this backpack would be perfect for a little girl in colorful tights and pigtails ...

No comments:

Post a Comment